Mango Lassi is a creamy and delicious drink that can be made at home with just a handful of ingredients. Make this restaurant-style homemade mango lassi in just 10 mins with me.
I was a fan of every mango recipe, but mango lassi until I moved to the US. When my husband and I used to go out on dates, he would grab 2 orders of mango lassi to-go from the local Indian restaurants. He has totally influenced me to fall in love with this delicious Mango Lassi.
What is Lassi?
Lassi is an Indian and Pakistani summer drink, made with yogurt, mixed with milk or water, spices, and fruits or herbs. Most commonly enjoyed as sweet lassis, these lassis have a new modern twist on their flavors, such as mango lassi and rose lassi. Lassi is typically made with Indian Dahi (Plain Yogurt), Milk, Sugar, and Cardamom. And you can add any flavorings you want.
Ingredients to Make Mango Lassi
- Mangoes - You need nice ripe mangoes that have deep orange color pulp. The mangoes with orange pulp are the sweetest, and most delicious. I love Kesar mangoes, but I love Ataulfo Mangoes in the US.
- Yogurt - To make mango lassi, you should use Indian Dahi, which is Indian Yogurt. To make this lassi recipe restaurant-style, use full-fat plain yogurt.
- Saffron - Add a few strands of saffron in mortar pastel, and ground the saffron into powder. Add 1 ice cube and let it melt to extract most of the saffron flavor and color.
- Cardamom Powder - Cardamom powder adds beautiful sweet notes to the mango lassi and is an irreplaceable spice, for this recipe. It is the star ingredient of lassi recipes.
- Ice Cubes - This drink is enjoyed chilled, and ice cubes make that happen. It helps with maintaining the consistency of the lassi and keeping it chilled when you are ready to serve
More Indian Drinks Recipes From The Blog
- High Powered Blender
- 2 Cups Mangoes
- 2 Cups Plain Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 4-5 Saffron Strands
- 8-10 Ice Cubes
- 1 Tsp Pistachios Slivered
- Add 4-5 saffron strands in a mortar pastel and ground it into powder. Next add in one ice cube, and set it aside.
- Roughly chop about 3 ripe mangoes, and add them to the blender jar.
- Next add in, the plain full-fat yogurt, saffron , cardamom, sugar and ice-cubes.
- Blend everything until well combined. Add more sugar if you need to.
- Once everything is blended well, serve chilled.
- Garnish with pistachios, and saffron strands.
- Replace honey with sugar.
- To make it vegan, use coconut yogurt to make the lassi.