Rose Lassi is a delicious sweet lassi flavored with rose syrup and cardamom. Lassi is a sweet yogurt drink with a frothy top, usually flavored with cardamom.
I have fond memories of enjoying rose and mango lassi with my mom, after I finish school, during the summer months. Mom would either make me a hearty lassi at home or take me to a famous lassi joint in our city. Rose lassi has been one of my favorites.
What is a Lassi?
Lassi is a deliciously thick yogurt-based drink from Punjab, India. This thick, frothy yogurt-based drink can be enjoyed sweet or salty. Most commonly enjoyed as sweet lassis, these lassis have a new modern twist on their flavors, such as mango lassi and rose lassi. Lassi is typically made with Indian Dahi (Plain Yogurt), Milk, Sugar, and Cardamom. And you can add any flavorings you want.
Ingredients to Make Rose Lassi
All you need are 5 Ingredients to make this deliciously refreshing lassi.
- Plain Yogurt - Plain Full Fat Yogurt is used as the base to make lassi.
- Milk - I like to use whole milk as the blending agent for my lassis, and they add to the richness and frothiness of the lassi.
- Roohafza - This delicious rose syrup, that has the perfect balance of rose flavor, color and sweetness to make this refreshing drink. You can buy this syrup in any Indian Store or on amazon.
- Cardamom Powder - Because is it even Indian Sweet Drink without adding cardamom? Cardamom is the secret ingredient that adds the oomph to the lassis.
- Ice-cubes - This drink is enjoyed chilled, and ice cubes make that happen. It helps with maintaining the consistency of the lassi and keep it chilled when you are ready to serve.
- Dried Rose Petals and Pistachios - I love to garnish the frothy top of rose lassi with beautiful dried rose petals and crushed pistachios.
More Indian Drinks Recipes
- High Powered Blender
- 2 Cups Plain Full Fat Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 3 Tbsp Rose Syrup I use Roohafza
- 1.5 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 10-12 Ice Cubes
- 1 Tsp Dried Rose Petals For Garnishing
- 1 Tsp Pistachios Slivered For Garnishing
- In a Blender Jar, add yogurt, milk, rose syrup , cardamom powder, salt, sugar, and ice-cubes.
- Blend it on medium speed until smooth. Once everything is blended, blend it on high for 30 secs, until frothy.
- Lassi always has a frothy top, so be sure to blend it on high for the froth.
- Garnish with dried rose petals and pistachios. Serve chilled.