Lavash wraps come in so handy for solo lunches and quick grab-and-go lunches. I don't like to spend long hours in the kitchen during summers. I would rather be out for a walk with my toddler or take care of my plants. Lavash wraps recipes are so wholesome, light yet filling, healthy, and packed with nutrients. You can make them as wraps, pizzas & lavash bread pockets. I love how versatile they are.
So, moral of the story is have lavash bread in your pantry. They make for easy lunches, that are delicious with minimum effort.
What are Lavash Breads?
Lavash bread is a flat leavened Armenian bread, also famous in other Middle- Eastern Countries. This bread is traditionally cooked in Tandoor. This delicious and versatile bread now has righly acquired its space in International Markets, and is a very loved bread to make wraps and sandwiches. You can find them easily in your local grocery store too.
Ingredients to Make these Lavash Wraps
This recipe is a semi-homemade recipe. I love to have a few spreads and frozen goodies in my refrigerator, to make easy, fuss-free meals.
To Make these Wraps, you will need
- Make The Crunchy Salad - I use tomatoes, onions and cucumbers to make this salt. I chop them finely, add pinch of salt and red paprika along with a squeeze of lime.
- Make The Spread - Today, I am using mayonnaise, muhammara and sriracha with some freshly grated garlic. I mix these up well and the spread is ready. I use store-bought muhammara, and you can substitute it with roasted red pepper hummus. I keep on switching between them.
- Protein - You can use any protein you like. I usually keep burger patties or falafels from Trader Joe's and Dr. Praegers in Freezer. They taste amazing and so easy to make them. Other proteins you can use are marinated tandoori paneer/ tofu, curried chickpeas, rotisserie chicken , refried beans, etc.
- Cheese - You can also add a choice of your cheese, I am using Mexican 4 cheese mix for my wraps, because I always have it on hand and we love a good cheddar mix.
- Greens - You can add spinach, kale or spring mix. It doesn't matter. This recipe is very forgiving. Add whatever you like. Roll and toast it.
- Spices - Instead of ending it with a squeeze of lime, I like to finish these wraps with chili lime seasoning from Trader Joe's. You can add your favorite spices.
- Lavash Bread - You can easily find Lavash Bread in most of the grocery stores. You will definitely find them in Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. But you can make these wraps with burrito sized tortillas or with subway or regular breads too.
Can We Make These Wraps Vegan?
Yes, these wraps can be easily made vegan, by replacing mayonnaise with vegan mayo, and cheese with vegan cheese of your choice.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Loaded Nachos
- Watermelon & Strawberry Agua Fresca
- Cheesy Paneer Bhuji Taquitos
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise (Store Bought)
- 1/2 Cup Muhammara (Store Bought)
- 2 tbsp Sriracha or Tomato Ketchup (Store Bought)
- 3 cloves Grated Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/3 Cup Finely Chopped Red Onions
- 1/3 Cup Finely Chopped Cucumebers
- 1/2 Tsp Red Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Lime Juice
- 4 Quinao and Black Bean Burger Patties from Trader Joe's (Store Bought)
- 1 Cup Spring Greens Mix or Any Greens of Your Choice
- Chili Lime Seasoning
- 4 Pieces Lavash Bread
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Bake the burger patties/ choice of your protein as per the package instructions. Once done, Keep it aside.
- Add finely chopped red onions, tomatoes and cucumebers in a bowl. To this add salt, red paprika and lime juice. Mix it well.
- Add Mayonnaise, Muhammara and Sriracha to a Bowl. Add freshly grated garlic. Give everything a good mix. Set it Aside.
- Place a lavash bread on a clean flat surface.
- Start with slathering the spread we prepared generously.
- Add the salad next.
- Now cut the burger patties in half and place them as shown in the video.
- Add Cheese, Greens, squirt of the spread we made along with chili lime seasoning.
- Carefully, but tightly role the lavash bread.
- Add some butter in the pan and toast the lavash wrap on both the sides.
- Cut the lavash wrap in half, and serve it with some more spread, or ketchup.