A beautiful buttery, sweet, creamy and oh so delicious French Toast is my dream breakfast. This Mascarpone Cheese Stuffed French Toast, is lightly toasted in butter with flavors of vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. The Brioche bread is the star of the show of course. But, you can also use Challah, or French Baguette.
Ajay is the biggest fan of french toasts. He loves a good french toast for his breakfast on the weekend. His favorite one is this stuffed french toast. There is nothing that can win him over this sweet treat, and now my mom loves it too.
I most often use either Challah or Brioche to make French Toasts at home. The older the better. I learnt making french toasts after I moved here to the US. I studied a lot of recipes, and now I am confident on preparing them without looking for a recipe.
I have been making this recipe for a while now, and trust me it is absolutely delicious. And you have to give it a TRY!!!
What is a Stuffed French Toast?
A french toast usually is a toast covered in sweet or savory egg mixture. While, a stuffed french toast is stuffed with either cream cheese or mascarpone cheese. This is then, dunked into the custard and toasted until cooked, thoroughly.
Best breads to use to make French Toasts
I always prefer using either Challah or Brioche. The Brioche I buy from Whole Foods Market is beyond amazing. It is perfectly buttery and soft. But, if these breads or not available where you live, feel free to use a good white bread to make french toasts.
Tips on Making French Toasts
The cooking times will differ from bread to bread. Remember, you don’t have to soak your bread in the custard, just a dip on either side. Preheat the skillet you are using to make these, and toast the bread in butter on a medium low flame. This gives the bread to get lightly crisp from the outside and perfectly moist on the inside.
Toppings For French Toasts
I love to top my french toasts with
- Fresh Berries
- Fresh Fruit like Bananas, Mangoes Etc
- Orange Zest
- Macerated Strawberries
- Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Maple Syrup
Lets Jump On to the Recipe
If you try this recipe, tag us or Dm us @thewhiskaddict on instagram.
Creamiest Stuffed French Toast
- 8 Oz Whipped Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Large Egg You can even use 2 eggs for the recipe
- 1 tbsp Castor Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
Macerated Strawberries (Optional)
- 1 Cup Fresh Sliced Strawberries
- 2 Tbsp Castor Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- Splash of a Quarter Lime Juice
- 8 Slices Brioche Slices 1/2 inch thick (You will need 1 Loaf of Brioche)
- 2 Tbsp Butter To Toast
- Slice the Brioche into 16 half inch slices. Keep it near the sun light to let the bread dry out a little
Macerated Strawberries (optional)
- In a cooking pot, add sliced strawberries, sugar, vanilla and lime juice. Let it sit for about 30 mins.
- In the meanwhile, prepare the stuffing for french toast
- Place the cooking pot on medium flame. Let the strawberries cook until softens, yet they hold their shape. Take it off the stove and let it cool down.
- Add Soft/ Whipped Mascarpone Cheese, Powdered Sugar and Vanilla to a mixing bowl.
- Whip until everything is well incorporated. Keep it aside.
- Whisk together egg,, milk , vanilla, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Keep it aside
- Cut the sliced brioche diagonally to form a triangle. You will have 8 Sandwiches.
- Spread the whipped Mascarpone Stuffing on one side of the bread and top it with another slice of bread. Repeat Until you have 8 stuffed Toasts.
- Preheat the skillet on a medium flame.
- Add butter. Let it melt.
- Now dip prepared toasts on either side one by one and start placing them on the pan.
- Let it cook on medium low flame on either side for 3 minutes or until they brown and are lightly crisp on either side.
- Repeat until all of them are toasted.
- Serve Warm with your favorite toppings
- Use at least one day old bread.
- It is important to dry the french bread like brioche and challah out, because they are very soft and moist in texture.
- We just dip the prepared toasts in the custard. Don’t let it sit and absorb the custard. It will get very soggy and take forever to cook.
- Toast the French Toasts in Butter, for the best flavor.
- Toast the French Toast on Medium Low Flame to make sure they cook all the way properly.
- Do not leave french toasts unattended while toasting. They cook really fast and might burn.