One bowl banana bread is one of my favorite bakes. It is so easy and quick to make this banana bread. And who doesn't like minimum dishes in the sink. This banana bread uses pantry staple ingredients, its easy, and Uber delicious.
I love a good slice of banana bread smothered with almond butter and topped with some more bananas. Because I can just never have enough of bananas. I was introduced to banana breads when I moved to the US, and I instantly fell in love with them.
I learnt baking this bread initially by googling a lot of recipes, and this one bowl recipe has now become my go- to. Through months of trial and error, I have reached to love this recipe. It is perfectly moist, sweet and has a lovely crumb.
You can make this banana bread with different variations. Sometimes, I like to add cinnamon, chopped walnuts, a little bit of nutmeg and sometimes even cocoa powder.
Can You Make this Banana Bread Gluten- Free?
Yes, you absolutely can. All you need to do is replace the unbleached All Purpose Flour to Cup To Cup Gluten Free Flour.
Other Flours that you can use for this recipe are Whole Wheat Flour, Half and Half Combination of Whole Wheat Flour and All Purpose Flour, and Spelt Flour.
Can You Make this Vegan?
If you want to make this recipe Vegan, I suggest you to add vegan butter or coconut oil instead of the butter. The recipe also uses one egg. You can replace the egg with one flax egg or 1/3 cup of Applesauce. Also addictionally add 1 tsp Baking Powder.
- 3 Over Ripe Bananas
- 1/3 Cup Melted Butter Room Temperature
- 1 Egg Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1+1/2 Cup Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1+1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Salt to Taste
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Prepare the 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.75 inches Loaf Pan with applying butter and dusting it thoroughly with some flour. And Keep it aside. You can also apply butter and line the loaf pan with a parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 3 over ripe bananas. With the help of a fork mash them thoroughly.
- Next add the melted butter and egg. Give it a mix with the fork.
- Once this is incorporated, add sugar and vanilla. mix well.
- Now add the milk. Incorporate everything well
- Now add All Purpose Flour and Baking Soda.
- Incorporate everything well, with a spatula until all the flour is mixed properly.
- Add Chocolate Chips and fold them into the batter.
- Now pour the batter into prepared loaf pan. Top it with some more chocolate Chips
- Bake it in the oven for 50 mins. Check if the bread is baked by piercing a skewer.Transfer it on a wire rack to cool. Once completely cool, slice it up.
- Use extremely Rippened Bananas. The natural sweetness from them works like absolute magic in the Banana Bread Recipe.
- If you decide to add cocoa powder, add 1/3 Cup of Milk instead of 1/4 th Cup of milk. Cocoa Powder makes the batter dry so you need a moistening agent present in the batter.
- You can add chopped walnuts, pecans, chocolate chips, almonds, etc to the batter.
- You can also top the banana bread with one banana split into half sprinkled with turbinado sugar. It caramelizes perfectly in the oven and gives a beautiful look to the banana bread.
Garlic Naan Recipe | Restaurant Style Garlic Naan | Stove Top Garlic Naan(Opens in a new browser tab)
Cheesy Paneer Bhurji Taquitos| Vegetarian Taquitos Recipe(Opens in a new browser tab)
Cajun Mayo | How to Make Cajun Mayo Dipping Sauce(Opens in a new browser tab)
Loaded Nachos Recipe | Supreme Nachos | Sheet Pan Nachos Recipes(Opens in a new browser tab)
Leave a Reply