This is one of my favorite dipping sauces of all times. This Cajun Mayo is not just a dipping sauce but makes up for an amazingly delicious spread too. I was first introduced to Cajun Mayo, at BBQ Nation in India. Their cajun potatoes were my absolute favorite back in the day. Now its been years since I visited India.
Cajun Mayo is an easy sauce made with Cajun Seasoning Mix, Mayo and Olive Oil. I use my homemade Cajun Seasoning, I will leave the link here for you to check it out, but feel free to use store bought too.
Can we make this Vegan / Eggless Sauce?
This sauce can be made Vegan, using Vegan Mayonnaise. If you don't eat eggs, there are eggless options available too and can be found easily at your local grocery store.
Ways to Use this Sauce
I use Cajun Mayo as a dipping sauce to my fries or as a spread to my naans and bread to make pizzas and sandwiches.
Jump To: Recipe
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Cajun Spice Mix
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- Salt if Needed
- In a bowl add 1 Cup Mayonnaise. Whisk it thoroughly.
- Now add the Cajun Spice Mix and Olive Oil.
- Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Use it as a dipping sauce or a spread.
- This refrigerates well in an air tight jar for upto a week.
Jump To: Recipe
- 2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp White Pepper
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- In a bowl, mix all the above mentioned ingredients together thoroughly, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Transfer it to an air tight jar.
- You can use this as a spice rub for your meat as well as your veggies.
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear your feedback. Tag me @thewhiskaddict or use #thewhiskaddict.