Instant Pot Date and Tamarind Chutney is super quick and easy dump & go recipe. Khajur amli ni chutney is essentially dates, tamarind mixed spiced with chili powder and garam masala. It is sweetened with both sugar and jaggery. Is there anyone who is not a Chaat lover? And what is a chaat without an outstanding Date and Tamarind Chutney.
We all need an easy and handy date and tamarind chutney recipe. This is my mom's recipe. She likes super quick and easy recipes. She tells me, that she doesn't like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. This chutney gets ready in no time. I make it in bulk and freeze it. It stays fresh for up to 3 months. And, I ofcourse get in enough chaat parties to use u this chutney. Wouldn't you?
If you are looking for uber delicious recipes, you have come to the right place. You want to be in and out of the kitchen in no time, you will love my recipes.
I make a huge batch of this chutney in a pulp consitency. Hence, it preserves well. I like to add water as needed when I am ready to use the chutney. It is easier this way and almost no wastage. You know what, share it with your friends of you happen to make this Khajur Amli ni Chutney. A little goes a long way. And I know your friend will appreciate it.
Let's Just directly jump in the recipe. It is so easy to follow. It just cannot go wrong. This is a full proof recipe and you will love it.
- 1.5 lbs Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1+1/2 Tsp Amchur Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Dry Ginger Powder
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Jaggery
- 3 Cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Concentrated Tamarind Paste Easily available at the Indian Store
- Press Sauté Mode on the Instant Pot.
- Add Dates,cumin powder, red chili powder, garam masala, amchur, salt , sugar and jaggery.
- Then add water and mix it well.
- Now add in the Concentrated Tamarind Paste. Mix well.
- Close the Instant Pot. Turn the vent on the sealing side.
- Press Cancel. And Now Press on Pressure Cook.
- Pressure cook on high pressure for 10 mins.
- Do a quick release after 5 mins.
- Use a hand blender to blend the chutney into a smooth paste.
- Pass it through a sieve, to make sure you get a smooth chutney.
- Store some it in an air tight jar to use during the week, and freeze the rest of the chutney
- Sev Usal
- Black Chickpeas Falafel | Airfryer Recipe
- One Pot Chole Pulao | Chickpea Pulao
- Zucchini and Paneer Parathas
- Khichdi Bites
- Egg Curry Recipe