Christmas is right around the corner and I am definitely in the mood of baking a lot of cookies. These Chocolate Crinkle cookies are my favorite.The cookies puff up in the oven and crack covered in icing sugar and that’s how they look so incredibly gorgeous. These holiday cookies can be made with so many different flavors. I simply love how easy these cookies are to bake.
What are Crinkle Cookies?
Crinkle cookies are one of the most baked Holiday cookies. These cookies have a cake like texture to bite. These Chocolate Crinkle Cookies taste like brownie bites and they are my absolute favorite. The cookie dough balls puff up in the oven and crack. The icing sugar, gives a look of Christmas snow and hence, the crinkle cookies look so incredibly gorgeous.
How to Make These Cookies?
- In a bowl add Sifted All Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Unsweetened Cocoa Powder and Salt. Give it a mix.
- Add softened butter to a stand mixer bowl. If you don’t want to use a stand mixer you can use a hand mixer or a whisk. Whisk the butter for 30 secs.
- Next add white Castor Sugar and Golden Brown Sugar. Whisk until butter and sugar combine well.
- Add eggs and vanilla to this. Whisk this until eggs are mixed well.
- Now add the dry ingredients in two halves.
- Once the dough is ready place it on a plastic wrap, and wrap it. Place the dough in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Prepare two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Use a cookie dough scoop, to make equal sized dough balls. Roll these cookie dough in icing sugar.
- Bake the crinkle cookies for about 10-12 mins.
- Let them cool. Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or tea
You might also like :
- Aakha Ringan Bateta nu Shak | Gujarati Eggplant and Potato Curry
- Banana Bread Recipe | One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Sabudana Khichdi | Sabudana ni Khichdi Recipe
- Little Miracles Take Time
- Beetroot Cutlets | Veg Cutlets Recipe | Beetroot Cutlets Recipe
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 + 1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Unsalted Softened Butter
- 1/2 Cup White Castor Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Golden Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Icing Sugar
- Sift the all the dry ingredients (Flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder) and give them a mix.
- In a bowl, add softened butter. Whisk it for 30 secs.
- Now add both white and brown sugar. Whisk until mixed well.
- Once whisked, add 2 room temperature eggs and vanilla. Whisk until everything is well combined.
- Now add the dry ingredients in 2 parts. Mix everything well.
- Lay a plastic wrap. And put the dough on it. cover the dough and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 350F and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- With a cookie scoop, make cookie dough balls and roll them in the icing sugar and place them in the baking tray.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 mins. If you roll (small) 1 tbsp dough balls, bake them for 10 mins and if you roll (large) 2 Tbsp dough balls bake them for 12 mins.