This One Pot Tex-Mex Bowl is all deliciousness. I am up for Mexican delight any day. I at least plan on making Mexican food once a week. We love the healthier versions as much as the indulging ones. This bowl is a healthier version with added protein of Quinoa. We used to indulge in this bowl with white rice, but then I didn’t want to throw mindful eating out of the window. So this is a protein packed bowl, super light , delicious and oh so healthy!. Also I make Schezwan Indian Cottage Cheese (Paneer) Wedges to add some more protein.
This bowl is Vegan and Paleo Friendly. It is very easy to make this quick bowl and gets ready in less than 30 mins. I love these kind of fuss free dinner meals, which are light yet filling and so delicious.
How to Make this Recipe?
All you need to do is prep ahead, if you are against using canned beans. What I mostly do is plan my week ahead of time so I know what I will be cooking when. This helps me to give myself time to prep too. But, when I made this bowl I had a very hectic day. So my rescue was canned beans. I always buy ready to go enchilada sauce. So to put its not hard to put this recipe together.
- In a heavy bottom Sauté Pan, add oil. Let it heat and add cumin seeds. Let them splutter and to this add chopped scallions. Sauté them for about 45 seconds.
- Add chopped onions and sauté till transparent. To this add minced garlic and sauté again.
- Now add all the veggies and beans, here I have added chopped red and green bell peppers, and I used red kidney beans for the dish, you can also use Pinto beans or black beans, I keep swapping them.
- Once the veggies are cooked a little bit, add taco seasoning. Mix everything well, to make sure all the veggies are well coated with taco seasoning.
- To this add a can of red enchilada sauce and a green enchilada sauce. You can either add both red or both green too. It is truly all about personal preference. Give it a good mix.
- Now add quinoa. Add a little water to this. Cover it and let it cook on a medium flame. Stir it every now and then. If you think the quantity of water is not enough to cook quinoa, just add a little water and keep cooking them again.
One Pot Tex-Mex Quinao Enchilad Bowl
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil/ Grapeseed Oil/ Avocado Oil
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Stems Chopped Scallions
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Green Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Canned/ Fresh / Frozen Corn
- 1/2 Cup Pinto/ Black / Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 10 oz Red Enchilada Sauce
- 10 oz Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1/2 Cup Water Optional
- Add Oil in a heavy bottom Sauté Pan/ Sauce Pan. Let it heat. To this add cumin seeds and wait until they splutter.
- Add scallions to this and Sauté well for about 45 seconds.
- Add finely chopped onions and sauté until transparent. To this add minced garlic and sauté until the raw aroma of garlic is gone.
- To this add all the chopped veggies and beans. Add in the taco seasoning. Give it a thorough mix.
- Now add in the enchilada sauces and mix everything well.
- Add the quinoa and little bit of water if required. Cover it and cook until quinoa is fluffed. It takes about 20-25 minutes for quinoa to cook completely on a medium flame. Keep stirring occasionally until quinoa is cooked.
- Serve hot, topped with some cheese of your choice and a dollop of sour cream.