Banana Bread is our favorite sweet treat for anytime of the day. We enjoy them for Breakfast, as a Tea Cake or for our yummy Dessert. Have you guys ever tried a chocolate banana bread with a big scoop of vanilla ice-cream? Although while I am writing this I am just wondering why I don't this make this deliciousness more often? Thats because I reserve my summers mostly for mangoes. But I love baking and gifting Banana Breads and this Spice Chocolate Banana Bread is just perfect. Today, after weeks of enjoying the Californian Sun, we are back to dull gloomy day. To lighten up our day, I decided to make this delightful sweet treat.
Secret to Make the best Banana Bread!
The secret to make the best banana bread are the most ugliest over ripped bananas. These pale yellow skinned bananas with brown spots, well huge brown spots are the sweetest and absolutely moist. So next time when you think that your bananas are gone bad, you know you want to bake a banana bread! Its going to be the best and deliciously moist banana cake you have ever made.
How to Make this Egglesss Wholegrain Spiced Chocolate Banana Bread?
This Wholegrain Spiced Chocolate Banana Bread is simply amazing and you just can't get over it. It is delicately sweet, super moist and so delicious. This Banana Cake is made with our regular pantry ingredients and is effortless.
To make the Spiced Banana
- Line a 9x5 Bread Loaf Pan with a parchment paper and lightly grease the sides of the pan with oil. Preheat the oven at 350F / 180C.
- Make the Buttermilk/Curdled Milk. For this heat the milk in the microwave for 30 seconds. To this add Vinegar/lime Juice. Stir it to see the the milk separate from water. This is called the buttermilk, which is used to substitute the eggs. Place it aside.
- In a bowl, sift Whole Wheat Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cinnamon and Nutmeg Powder. Mix all the ingredients well and make sure there are no lumps.
- In a small bowl , mash 3 overly ripped bananas with a fork into a smooth puree making sure there are no lumps.
- In another big bowl, add oil and sugar. Whisk it with a hand mixer or a whisk until smooth. To this add milk, mashed bananas and vanilla. Whisk again until everything is incorporated well together. Make sure not to over mix the batter.
- Now add the dry ingredients and buttermilk into two halves to the wet ingredients. Gently fold the first half of dry ingredients and buttermilk to the wet ingredients. Similarly do it for the rest of the ingredients. Incorporate the batter well and smooth.
- Gently pour the batter in the bread loaf pan. Top it with chocolate chips and sliced Banana.
- Bake it for about 50-60 mins and enjoy!
Eggless Whole Grain Spiced Chocolate Banana Bread
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil You can also use Canola Oil or Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Coconut Palm Sugar You can also use Brown Sugar. I like using Coconut Sugar for its Roasted Rustic Flavor
- 3 Over Ripped Bananas The Banana's skin should have black spots on it. That's when you bake the best banana breads
- 1 Tsp Vanila Extract
- 2 Tbsp Milk
For Buttermilk/ Curdled Milk
- 1/2 Cup Milk Keep the 2 Tbsp for Later.
- 1 Tsp Lime Juice or Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Banana Diced
- Line a Bread Loaf Baking 9x5 Pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease the sides with oil. Preheat the oven at 350F/ 180C.
- For Curdled Milk, Heat the milk for 30 seconds in Microwave. Add Vinegar or Lime juice and give it a mix. you will see the milk will curdle. Our Butter Milk is ready.
- In a Mixing Bowl sift together all the dry ingredients. Start according to the list of ingredients mentioned in the ingredient list.
- In another small bowl mash 3 over ripped bananas with a fork. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Now in a separate mixing bowl, add oil and coconut sugar or brown sugar. With a whisk or Electric Hand Mixer, whisk until soft.
- To this add Bananas, milk and Vanilla. Whisk again.
- We will add Dry Ingredients and Curdled Milk in 2 halves in the wet ingredients. Use a Silicon spatula to mix your wet and dry ingredients very gently together. don't over mix it.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and curdled milk and mix again with the spatula.
- Now Pour the batter in the Bread Loaf Pan. Top it with chocolate chips and Banana Dices.
- Bake it in the oven for about 50-60 mins. Insert a skewer or a wooden stick in the middle of the bread at 50 mins. If it comes out clean your bread is done. If not bake for another 10 mins and your bread should be ready. Enjoy.
Leave a Reply