My little babies were visiting me from Ohio and I was wondering what is that treat that they may like. Readily, I take a easy and a safe way to go. The easiest recipe of them all and oh boy the double chocolate chips are always a keeper to be get that maasi (aunt) love lightening and rolling.
These cookies are a keeper. They are super easy and quick to whip, I made the vegan version but you can use the same recipe to make the non-vegan version of these beautiful gooey and moist cookies , so soft that they melt in your mouth.
What do you need to make these Double Chocolate Chip Cookies?
If you want to make these Vegan, you need Vegan Butter, Vegan Chocolate Chips and Cashew Milk. For the regular recipe trust me you won't have to go to the store. All the ingredients are sitting right there in your pantry. and If you are a vegan, these ingredients are probably your mains.
You need All Purpose Flour, Almond Flour , Unsweetened Cocoa, Vegan / Regular Butter, Vegan/ dark chocolate chips, Pure Vanilla Extract, Baking soda , baking powder and milk.
Can you make these Gluten-Free?
Absolutely, you can. All you need is Gluten Free All purpose flour and gluten free baking powder.
Vegan Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 +1/4 Cup Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Cashew Milk
- In a bowl sift and add all the dry ingredients. Add only 1/2 cup chocolate chips now. Leave the rest 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to use it in the end.
- Now add the melted butter and mix with a mixing spatula gently. You will get a nice crumbly texture.
- Add the milk as needed and roll the ingredients in a dough with the help of a spatula. Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is out of the refrigerator, Preheat the oven at 350 F/ 180 C. Line your baking cookie tray with a parchment paper.
- Unwrap the plastic wrap and make 12 equal balls from the dough.
- Place them on the baking and press them down 2 inch apart. Now use the 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to top three chocolate chips on each cookie. Bake them on 350 F/ 180 C for 10-15 mins.