The temperatures are soaring higher and higher. Every summers we would visit Shreenathji, a city in Rajasthan, India. I have very fond memories of going to the shreenathji temple and then, enjoying thandai and delicious yams there.
It is a beautiful concoction of almonds, cashews, pistanchios, fennel seeds, poppy seeds, lots of cardamom, rose, hint of saffron and sugar. The prepared masala is added to the milk, and reduced. It is cooled down and then served chilled, super creamy and delicious.
I bet, you will not find creamier thandai made at home than this one. I add my secret ingredient to the thandai masala to make it lusciously creamy and absolutely delicious.
It is always easy to have this masala on hand in summers to make the thandai. It is the most easiest thandai masala and gets ready in 10 mins. You can serve this to your guests, in a party, make ice cream or kulfis, etc. It is just so versatile and handy.
Make a Mean Vegan Thandai
Follow my recipe with just a few changes, to make this creamy, nutty deliciousness. It tastes amazing, I promise.
I add milk powder in my thandai masala recipe. Skip that, and add vegan alternatives like almond flour, cashew powder or coconut milk powder. I personally feel cashew powder works the best.
To make yourself a glass of vegan thandai, switch wholemilk to your favorite creamy vegan nut milk. I love how delicious this thandai tastes with full fat oat milk, almond milk and coconut milk.
As you will be using nut milk, you don’t have to simmer the milk for whole 10 mins. Add sugar and thandai masala. Bring the milk to a light simmer. Once ready, let it cool down. Store it in a glass bottle in the refrigerator to enjoy upto 3 days.
- 3 Cups Whole Milk
- 6 Tbsp Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Thandai Masala https://thewhiskaddict.com/2021/03/08/thandai-masala-thandai-powder-recipe/?v=7516fd43adaa
- Add 3 cups of whole milk to a heavy bottom pot on a medium flame.
- To this add 4 Tbsp's of Thandai Masala. Mix well. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Once the milk starts to simmer add sugar. Mix well.
- Now let milk simmer for about 10 mins. Stir in between to make sure, milk doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Strain it and let it cool. Once completely cool, store in an airtight glass bottle in the refrigerator.
- The milk stays fresh upto 3-4 days. Enjoy Cold.
We thought you might also like to read my other posts
- 10 minutes Instant Pot Date and Tamarind Chutney | Khajur Amli ni Chutney
- Green Chutney | Cilantro and Mint Chutney Recipe
- Atta Halwa | Gujarati Wheat Sheero
- Methi Crackers | Wholewheat Methi Crackers
- Chocolate Besan Ladoo
- Bhuna Masala | Indian Curry Paste
• I Cook I Click I Eat
• Easy Recipes | Vegetarian Recipes
• Mostly Indian
• Mom to 🐶Luna and 👩🍼Inaaya #ivfsuccess #nicumom #rainbowbaby