Churma Ladoo | No Fry Churma Ladoo | Air Fried/ Baked Churma Ladoo Recipe
Churma Na Ladoo is ladoos made from Whole Wheat Flour, Semolina, and Ghee, Sweetened with Jaggery with beautiful nutty flavors from almonds and coconut, spiced with cardamom, and nutmeg
Servings: 11 Ladoos
- 2 Cups Bhakri Flour Read notes if you don't have Bhakri Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coarse Semolina Roasted
- 10 Tbsp Melted Ghee
- 1/3 Cup Warm Water
- 1 Tbsp Melted Ghee to brush the Muthia before baking
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg Powder Optional
- 1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Dry Coconut Powder
- 1/4 Cup Melted Ghee
- 3/4 Cup Jaggery (Powder it or shred it before measuring)
Make the Ladoos
- 1/3 Cup Melted Ghee To Bind the Ladoos. Add 1-2 Tbsps and mix. Add as required.
- 1/4 Cup Roasted White Poppy Seeds To Coat the Ladoos.
To Make Muthia
Add Bhakri Flour and Coarse Semolina to a wide bowl
Add melted ghee and massage the flour. Be generous to add ghee here. You want your dough to hold it's shape when you make a fist and crumbright away too. Refer to the picture above.
Now start adding warm water little by little, and knead a tight dough. Cover and rest the dough for 15-20 mins.
Preheat the air fryer/ oven at 400F
Now make the muthias, brush them with ghee. Add them to the air fryer/ baking sheet. Air/ fry/ Bake them at 400F for 12-15 minutes, or until golden. Keep a close eye on them after the 12 minute mark.
Once done, do a knife test. If the knife comes out clean, your muthias are ready.
Let the Muthias cool down completely. In a skillet roast the poppy seeds until they smell little nutty. Stir them continuously, as they burn fast. Keep it aside.
Pulse the Muthia in a food processor until fine coarse powder.
Sift it to make sure there are no big chunks of muthia. If there are, pulse the remaining big chunks again in the food processor, until fine and coarse. Sift them once again.
Now add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, salt , and nuts. Give it a mix.
In a skillet, add melted ghee and jaggery. Let the jaggery bubble. Once it starts to bubble, take it off the flame and add it to the churma.
Now with the help of a spatula mix everything thouroughly.
Make the Ladoos
Add more melted ghee, while the churma is still warm and start to bind the churma mix.
Add ghee 1 Tbsp at a time and try to bind the churma. Once it starts to hold together, without crumbling, your churma mix is ready to make the ladoos.
Start making the ladoos using both your hands, giving a perfect rounch shape.
Coat them with the Roasted White Poppy Seeds.
- Substitute Bhakri Flour - If you don't have Bhakri Flour, Use 1 Cup + 1/3 Cup Whole Wheat Flour, 1/4 Cup Besan and 1/2 Cup Coarse Semolina.
- Bhakri Flour is available at any Indian Grocery Store. Bhakri Flour is also known as Thick Whole Wheat Flour (Jado Ghau no Lot)
- Read the recipe thoroughly to make churma ladoos.
- Only Use Melted Ghee in the recipe.
- Shredd the Jaggery Before using it.