Healthy & Creamy Mac and Cheese
This is the best healthy and creamy mac and cheese ever. It is quick to make, so easy and so delicious.Try this beautiful recipe &I know you will love it.
Prep Time7 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 People
- 2 Cups Elbow Pasta Boiled one minute before Al dante. Add 6 Cups of Water in a Heavy Bottom Pot. Bring it to a boil. Add Elbow Pasta and pinch of salt. Boil them one minute before al dante. Strain the pasta and run cold water on it so they stop cooking any further. Now add a little bit of olive oil and mix it.
- 12 Oz Fresh/ Frozen Butternut Squash Boiled
- 3 Tsp Butter
- 1 Medium White Onion Julienned / Thinly Sliced
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Cup Half and Half You can also use Milk or Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Broth or Leftover Water from Boiled Butternut Squash
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Powdered White Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup 5 Cheese Mexican Blend
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
For the Sauce
Boil the frozen/ Fresh Butternut Squash.
In a sauce pan and a 1 tsp butter. Add the onions and let them caramelize. Once they caramelize add the garlic. Let it cool.
Add the boiled butternut squash, onions , garlic, half n half and vegetable broth in a blender jar. Pulse it in a smooth puree. If the puree seems to be thick add more milk and broth. You are looking for a rick creamy sauce with a easing pouring consistency, but not runny.
In a sauce pan add 2 tsp butter. Add the powdered white cheddar cheese. Mix it well in butter. To this add the sauce we prepared.
Now add freshly ground black pepper and salt. Give it a mix and add the cooked pasta. Mix it well.
Now add all the cheese and let it melt. Give everything a mix gently
This step is optional. Heat the Convention oven to Broil at 450F. Transfer for your pasta in an oven safe bakeware. Top the Mac and Cheese with parmesan cheese and parsley and broil it for 7 minutes or until the crust is golden.