Watermelon and strawberry is indeed an unfamiliar combination, but don’t toss it before you try it. I ended up making this refreshing juice, as a result of the husband buying abundant amount of watermelons and strawberries. This was two years back, when my family was visiting from India. Now I am so glad, I got to try my hands on these delicious flavors.
The watermelon and strawberry juice has delicate notes of ginger and lime juice. It also has a very refreshing taste of mint and beautiful sweet notes from brown sugar, or any sweetener you choose to add. The black salt and cumin in the juice add to beautiful distinct flavors that are absolutely irreplaceable. This has become a regular at our home, and I am sure once you try it … you will make it as often as we do.
I am always finding ways to keep myself hydrated. Sometimes chugging on water gets extremely boring, so I prefer some type of refreshing juice. Also talk about third trimester and hot flashes. Watermelon and strawberries are a great source of vitamins and minerals. Along with coconut water, adding different fruits to my diet always helps.
How to make this Juice?
It is super easy to make this juice. The ingredients are very basic and can be easily found in the pantry. If you don’t have black salt, don’t worry I recommend using kosher salt or pink Himalayan salt for this juice. I bet it will taste amazing. This juice is dump and pulse. Dump all the ingredients in your best blender, pulse, sieve if you would like and done.
Can you make this Drink Boozy?
Of course, you can! I cannot drink right now, But before I stopped social drinking I used to love mixing fresh juice with Gin, Rum, or Vodka. In the recipe instructions, I ask you to add water with the prepped fruits and pulse it. To make this drink boozy. Just Pulse the Fruits, Spices, Sweetener, and Herbs. Once this is prepared, I recommend sieve it for a lush texture for your drink. Add it to the desired serving glass, Top it with some Club Soda and Pair it with your favorite alcohol, as I mentioned Gin, Rum, and Vodka work the best. To make it more amazing, cover the rim of the glass with salt and add a lime wedge. Enjoy this amazing drink and thank me later.
Watermelon and Strawberry Juice
- 4 Cups Watermelon Cubed
- 2 Cups Strawberry Cut into halves, tightly packed
- 1/4 Cup Lemon or Lime Juice
- 10-12 Leaves Fresh Mint
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Salt Himalayan or Kosher Salt works too
- 2-3 Tbsps Sweetener of your Choice
- Prepare and measure watermelon and strawberries.
- Now in a blender, I am using vitamix, add watermelon, strawberries, mint, lime/lemon juice, cumin powder and black salt. Start with adding 1 Tbsp of Sugar or Sweetener of your choice. Add more if required. Add 4 Cups of Chilled water. (Just pulse everything without water if you are planning to make it as a cocktail. )
- Pulse on high speed. Once all the ingredients come together. Give it a taste. Adjust the sweetness as per your taste. If you add more sweetener, pulse it one more time.
- Now, you can sieve the juice or leave it out. I sometimes do sieve it and other times I don't. I recommend to sieve it for a smooth texture of juice if serving to guests or planning to add a little booze to it.
- Serve chilled.
- Banana Bread Recipe | One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Sabudana Khichdi | Sabudana ni Khichdi Recipe
- Little Miracles Take Time
- Beetroot Cutlets | Veg Cutlets Recipe | Beetroot Cutlets Recipe
- Bhaat na Muthiya | Gujarati Bhaat na Muthiya Recipe
- Papdi Khichu Recipe| Khichu Recipe | Papdi no Lot