Who doesn’t love a little spice in their life? Am I right? I love making my own spice mixes at home. It gives me utmost pleasure to make spices at home, as it fills my kitchen with beautiful rustic smell that I always love. Cajun spice is one of my favorite spices to add on my potatoes. While the husband enjoys this spice mix with chicken.
The cajun seasoning is from Louisiana, US. This spice tastes so much better when made at home, than the store bought ones. When I was working, I always used to add cajun spice on my veggie half fried eggs and gosh that was my favorite breakfast.
Cajun spice mix is made with basic pantry staples and comes together quickly. All you need is Smoked Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, White Pepper Powder, Black Pepper, Kosher Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano, Thyme and my secret ingredient is Sugar.
These ingredients are mostly found in your pantry, but if you don’t have these at your home, these are easily available at your local grocery store.
Cajun Spice Mix Recipe
- 2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp White Pepper
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- In a bowl, mix all the above mentioned ingredients together thoroughly, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Transfer it to an air tight jar.
- You can use this as a spice rub for your meat as well as your veggies.
- Creamiest Stuffed French Toast Recipe
- Rosemary and Mint Tropical Virgin Spritzer
- Like Wildflowers, We Grow – A Bitter Sweet Journey to Who I have Become
- Tomato Garlic Confit with Burrata
- Aakha Ringan Bateta nu Shak | Gujarati Eggplant and Potato Curry
- Banana Bread Recipe | One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread