The husband and I are trying to adapt to a healthy lifestyle rather than indulging ourselves into some trendy diets of the decade. Every time we say that “We are on Diet”, we feel we are being punished. To escape this horrifying nightmare I decided to come up with some happy solutions to still enjoy the food we love. I prepare tons of Indian and International Recipes, in a very healthy manner and as the tag line of my blog says Happiness is Homemade, and truly it is. I can’t speak for everyone but, my human anatomy does crave for little sweets every day, so these pretty little balls are just the right solution satisfy my sweet cravings and give me energy to get through my day.
If you read my blog regularly, you guys might know I battle with PCOS, and I know I can survive it. I come up with some easy solutions that keep me going. One of these solutions are these delectable Healthy Nutty Date Balls or Laddoos. I love to have these every morning or sometimes as a 4 pm snack.
These scrumptious and uber delicious Nutty Dates Balls / Laddoos are very easy and quick to make and works like energy balls. I add chopped almonds and pistachios for the fillings, and I use ghee to give them a nice roast flavour.
Healthy Nutty Dates Balls| Laddoos
- 24 oz Seedless Dates
- 1 Cup Pistachios
- 1 Cup Almonds
- 1/3 Cup Ghee
- 1/4 Cup Roasted White Poppy Seeds/ Dry Coconut Powder
- Prepare all the ingredients. I used my Kitchen Aid Food Processor to prepare my ingredients 1. Roughly chop almonds and pistachios using a chopper or a food processor.2. Crush the seedless dates using the food processor in a way that it comes together as a dough.3. Roast White Poppy Seeds on a low flame until light brown or you can use Dry Coconut Powder to coat the date balls.4. Keep Ghee/ Grapeseed Oil ready.
- In a heavy bottom flat pan add 3 TBSP ghee. Once melted, add the chopped almonds and pistachios.Roast them for 2 mins until a nice roasted aroma comes from the filling. Keep it aside in a bowl.
- In the same heavy bottom flat pan, add another 3 TBSP Ghee. Once melted, add the crushed dates. The dates will lose up, and you will be able to nicely mix dates with ghee.
- Once date softens, add the ghee roasted almonds and pistachios filings. Start rolling everything together.
- The fillings and dates will come together as shown in the picture. Now transfer it in a bowl.
- You want to start making the balls when the mixture is warm. So give it 2 mins before rolling the bowls after you transfer the mixture to the bowl.
- Make a ball with your hand. The ghee we used in the mixture will be acting as the greasing agent, so we don’t need to grease our hands.
- Roll the ball in either dry coconut powder or roasted white poppy seeds for topping.