It is funny how 4 years back I had rarely tasted Mexican delicacies, but an Indian version of it of course. When I moved to the US my hometown Vadodara was in the process of adapting different international cuisines. Coming to the US introduced me to so many world cuisines and I love everything about them Out of all of them Mexican Cuisine is my favourite. My husband and I even visited Mexico a couple years back and we sure did have a gala time trying out different varieties of Mexican food and drinks! That trip was more special also because it was our first international trip together!
What are Nachos?
Nachos are basically crispy tortilla chips topped with savory fillings and lot of cheese. They make a very famous dish for an appetizer that you can find in all Mexican and most American restaurants. There are so many toppings you can add on your tortilla chips and make it as build your own nachos. Vegetarians usually add toppings like black beans, pica de Gallo, jalapeno peppers, guacamole, sour cream, and cheese. For non- vegetarians the best toppings I have heard are bacon, beef, and chicken. They are a one-skillet dish and gets ready in 15 minutes. This dish makes a very good snack for game nights and events like the super bowl, or any movie night or movie time with family, and any get-together!
How to make Nachos Veggie Supreme?
Nachos veggie supreme is a very simple easy and quick dish to make with very few ingredients from your pantry.
You will need tortilla
This recipe will take about 15-20 to get ready.. it is super quick and very easy to prepare.
Nachos Veggie Supreme
- 1/2 pack Tortilla Chips
- 1 Cup Black Beans Boiled
- 3 Shallot
- 1 Tomato
- 5 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- 2 tsp Taco Seasoning
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 cup Mexican 4 Cheese Blend
- I used an iron cast skillet, but you can use a baking and roasting tray as well. Grease the pan with spray oil and fill the skillet with tortilla chips.
- Boiled and Sautéd Black Beans – For this, I always soak my black beans overnight and pressure cook them in the morning. I also a pinch of baking soda and salt while pressure cooking and cook until 5 whistles. Once done, In a flat pan, add 2 tbsp of grapeseed oil. Once the oil is heated add finely chopped shallot and sauté them until transparent. Now add the beans, season them with taco seasoning, garlic powder, and salt to taste. The beans taste delicious this way. Assemble the black beans on tortilla chips evenly.
- For Caramelized Shallots- In the same flat pan add 3 tbsp of grape seed oil. Add 2 shallots julienned. Fry them until crisp and caramelized. Now add these caramelized shallots evenly on tortilla chips. You can also add mushrooms and red bell peppers with shallots. They will taste good too. But I caramelized only shallots for my nachos.
- Preheat the oven 400* F
- Now add Mexican 4 cheese blend on the assembled skillet. Top them with fresh finely chopped tomatoes. Put it in the oven for 12 minutes. Garnish them with jalapeno peppers or scallions. Enjoy